28 May 2012

Tropical Dinner

I saw this great idea on Pinterest and decided to try it myself with a few adjustments. This is an appetizer salad. I made this for four people. You can scale it however you want.


I started with a ripe Pineapple that I cleaned and cored. I made eight slices (2 for every person). The slices should not be too thick.

Then I grilled the pineapple. I lightly oiled the pan, and mean lightly. Then I put the stove to medium/high heat. I grilled each side till the had some browning like the above photo. The slices get a more saturated yellow. Then I set the grilled Pineapple on plates. Two per plate.


Then I made this... This is five very small avocados, so if you use large I would say three to four. I added soem fresh made salsa without the juice. You could either do that or add one sliced up Jalapeno, have of a small onion, and one chopped up tomato. Then I added about 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro. When you are all done, gently mix them in the bowl.

Add this dressing. The juice of 3 limes, or about 1/3 cup, 1 teaspoon of dijion mustard, 1 teaspoon agave(this is totally optional), 1 teaspoon soy sauce (you could add a little more if you prefer), and 2 tablespoon olive oil. If, you like you can also add cayenne pepper ( put in the tiniest doses and taste as you go, to make sure you can handle it).

Stir dressing and dump on top of your avocado salad. Let is sit and leave it alone.

In mean time. Take shrimp that have been cleaned and deveined and sprinkle with salt and paprika. (I sued about 1 lb of shrimp for eight and that was a lot!) Toss in a skillet and grill till it is cooked through.

Set the shrimp aside.

Toss the salad with the dressing gently. Scoop the salad onto the pineapple. When all the salad has been placed, add the shrimp on top. Done!


If, you feel up to it you can toss some extra pineapple or mango on top.

Also you can eat this with Tostadas!







1 comment:

  1. This looks so delicious, I look forward to trying it!

    ReplyDelete